Today my “big” project is going to be focusing on what's important in my life, so I figure out how to fit it all in.
This is important because I've been feeling a lot of conflict lately between what I want to do, and what I need to do. One of the biggest drags of being an adult is the sheer amount of need to do stuff that takes up an annoying amount of time.
I'm still pining for the days of yore when I had no responsibilities and only a few need to do things. Considering the fact that I graduated in 1993, I should probably start accepting my life changes… :-P
Rather than bore everyone with a list of things that are important to me and some thinking out loud about them, I'll just make a quick list here and then do the actual work in OmniFocus. I need to get back into the Getting Things Done discipline or this will never work, and OmniFocus really helps there. Seriously, GTD and OmniFocus really seems to match my brain well and keep me moving forward on things that need to get done.
Things that are important to me right now, in priority order:
- my Family (Lynette and Alex… even the pets, although sometimes…)
- my Day Job (after a decade of instability and insanity, I'd like things to settle down!)
- my Marooned! game (no, seriously, I still want to make games)
- Exercise (need to start again, regularly, or I won't be around to work on everything)
- Leisure (need to blow off steam!)
You'll probably note the lack of chores, etc. on there; the Day Job and Exercise are the only things I need to do on that list, the rest are wants.